Monday 1 August 2016

Use Your Stash

Welcome to my stop on this month's From the Heart Stamps blog hop.

Our theme this time is "Use Your Stash"

As you hop along, please leave a comment on each blog. One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from the FTHS store.
Additionally one lucky random winner from the comments on the FTHS blog will win a $15 voucher to the FTHS store!
If you have arrived here from Imke, you are in the right place. If you haven't, why don’t you start at the From the Heart Stamps blog, so you don’t miss anything. The full hop list is there too.

My card for this hop also uses the sketch and twist, which goes live today (1st Aug).
Please click on the sketch below to go direct to the challenge.

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/category/challenges/i-heart-sketches/

The twist this time is to use cool blues and/or water, so I thought i'd use an older image which also suited the twist theme, and team it up with some older papers from my stash...


I used the beach bucket image from the set Sea Turtle Beach. This set was the SOTM back in June 2013.
I coloured it using my promarkers.
Keeping with the 'Use your stash' hop theme, I grabbed an older paper pad, Doodlebug's Snips & Snails, which I bought 2 years ago to make a card for the arrival of my Grandson.
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches' First Aid Kit stamp set. This set is an older set too.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations - seaside, sunshine, and summer holidays
Simon Says Stamp (Weds) - anything goes

Now, please head over to Kathy's blog to see which items of her stash she has used this time.

I hope that you enjoy hopping with us today.
The hop will end on Sunday, August 7th at 6am EST (11am UK time).
Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday, August 10th.


40 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh...what a lovely card in those blue colours.
    This stampset has not caught my eye 'yet' wil have a look in the shop ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this stamp and the paper you've chosen to highlight your stash. Happy Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the blues. Love your card, perfect for a summer birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely summery card Jo! Super image and great colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun summer card. Always love beach images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Beach Bucket is one of my favorite images for summer card, Jo, and I love how you used it with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Jo. Great coloring and love the cool blues paired with yellow and green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colors here, Jo! And great take on the sketch and twist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beautiful calming colors you chose accompany the beach bucket wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect for the sketch and don't we all have loads of paper in our stash! I feel like just when my paper stash got to its peak, I started going CAS and using it less and less - gotta get back to it for sure! Great card and fun inspiration!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Love the simple, yet lovely sketch. I really need to get to the beach today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card & colors! So pretty and relaxing :) Makes me want to go run to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun beach themed card. So pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful summer card in lovely colors.
    Hugs, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the Beach theme-Busting my stash along

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great way to use your stash. Also love that image. Will have to check in out in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card great image for this sketch and lovely papers

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful summery card! Great color combination and take on the sketch. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm ready to get busy and join the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors! Such an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely summery beach card!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice image and coloring. Love the blue and yellow combo.
    God bless,
    PeggyA

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely adorable card. I love everything about it. I was looking for an image of a sand pail earlier today & now I know where to find one!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely colors and papers, Jo. I've seen a couple of outstanding cards with this set. I will be adding it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just picked out this image. Love that you isolated the bucket. So many possibilities and I love how your's turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A wonderful summer card. Love the image and beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah...blues and yellows are a great combination, especially for a summer card! Love that bucket and sweet patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Perfect summery card, Jo ! Isn´t that amazing how many Designpapers we all have ? This is why i am not a scrap horder. I am very generous throw anything away what is smaller than 4x4.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great beach card and papers, and such a cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a cute card. You gals are making all of us want to hit the beach, love the colors, Sarah W

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the soft colors Jo! Gorgeous coloring!

    Brenda G.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous summer card! Love this image! I feel like I'm at the beach just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful beachy themed card, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The papers in the card really complement each other and that is a fantastic stamp, beautifully coloured. Very appropriate for this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this card Jo! The beach is my favorite place!!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Jo, a great summery card. Thanks for the inspiration... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hummm....I don't remember this new image. I just got back from the beach which is why I'm so late hopping...haha Love Love Love this beachy card of yours.

    ReplyDelete