Thursday 30 June 2016

My first 'Planter Box' card

I've been wanting to make a card like this for a while, and so I decided to make one for my friend's birthday...



I don't have a wood effect stamp (yet) so drew onto kraft card stock with a sandstone Promarker instead so that it didn't look to plain.
The flowers are stamped with Memento inks using SU's 'Vintage Vogue' stamp set. I added punched stamens to the larger flowers then added a crystal gem to the centre of all the flowers.
The leaves were also punched out.
The main sentiment is from an old sheet by Kanban (I think).
Anita's name was added using a Tattered Lace alphabet die.

The card collapses flat so that it fits inside an envelope and can be posted easily.


2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness gracious, this is so amazingly done and so super cute!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Jo! I love how you created the 'wood' effect - it looks fab! This is more of a gift in itself than just a card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete