Thursday 16 June 2016

Father's Day & LOTV

Here are a couple of Father's Day cards that i've made for my Dad, both using stamps from Lili of the Valley, one retired stamp, and one still available in the store.

This first card uses the retired stamp, Dad's the Name...


I bought this stamp years ago, and think i've only used it two or three times in the past, so I thought i'd ink it up for my Dad's card from me & my hubby.
I stamped using Memento ink, then coloured the image with promarkers.
The patterned papers are both from the same pack, Dovecraft's Back to Basics / Blue Skies.
The sentiment is computer generated, and I finished the card with some tool charm die cuts by Die-namics.

I'm entering this card at:
QKR Stampede - one for the guys
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - use a die cut
ABC challenge - J for 'just as you like' (A/Goes)
Crafty Calendar - Father's Day / for a male



Here is my other card, using LOTV's James Laptop...


Now, my Dad does own a laptop, but he doesn't really know how to use it to it's full potential, as all he does is play puzzle games on it lol. So I thought this stamp would be perfect for him for his card from Jake.
Again, stamping with Memento, and then coloured with promarkers. I also added a little Wink of Stella to the laptop, then cut the image out.
The patterned papers for this card are by Lawn Fawn (Pint sized Patterns / Beachside)
The sentiment is computer generated, but I added 'GRANDAD' using Tattered Lace alphabet dies.
I finished the card with some stars cut using a Marianne die, with added Wink of Stella for a little sparkle.

I'm entering this card at:
Sweet Stampin - 3 or more layers
Die Cuttin Divas - Father's Day
The Male Room - Father's Day

Thanks for looking, hope you have a great day xx

11 comments:

  1. Those are really cute Father's Day cards! The bears are just adorable. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so adorable! Thank you for joining our “Father’s Day” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards! The "dad" card is my favorite! Darling image, beautifully colored & great paper & dies just make this an awesome card. Thanks for joining our QKR Stampede weekly challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so adorable. I think it is one of the best Father's day cards that I have seen. Glad I stumbled on to your blog to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful display for our current challenge of 'dies', thanks for sharing and hope to see you again.xxChocolate Coffee and Cards DT{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are 2 gorgeous cards Jo! Your Dad is going to love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful, love the Grandad card, I'm sure he will love it and see the link with his computer, so cute. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. such cute images. Thanks for joining in at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing and super wonderful cards - the images are perfectly colored and the details on each card just make them shine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab cards, adorable images! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete