Wednesday 18 March 2015

Inspiration Wednesday

Here's a mid-week inspiration post for From The Heart Stamps.
This time i'm showcasing the card that I gave to my Mom for Mother's Day last Sunday...


I've paired up 2 great floral sets for this card, using the daffodil image from the new Easter Trio stamp, which is this months SOTM, and teamed it up with images from Spring Medley, which was the SOTM for April, 2014.
I made the sentiments on my pc to match.
I used promarkers as my colouring medium, and then simply added top and bottom borders with card scraps in similar colours to those used to colour the flowers. The pink scalloped borders were made using my trusty old SU eyelet border punch.
I added a 'read it and weep' verse inside, then gave my Mom the card, with a bunch of flowers, wine, and a homemade pineapple pavlova, and operation Mother's Day was complete ;)
*except that my husband and son had to give them to her because I didn't want to pass on my cold to Mom, so I wished her a Happy Mother's Day via phone instead.

Join FTH on Facebook and “Like” our page to read about the latest FTH news. We'd also love it if you'd join our Facebook Group too, this group makes it easier for you to share pics of your FTH makes, we'd love to see them!
You can find our Stamp Of The Month challenge and details of how you can join this progressive challenge HERE.

I'm entering this card at:
Papertake Weekly - Happy ... Anything!
Fab n Funky - Spring into colour


3 comments:

  1. WOW - can I just say that I reached out to grad those flowers - they look so real, so bright and beautiful!! Awesomely done - the coloring is perfect and the colors are just stunning!! Love how you shaded in the squares - the one in particular where it looks like sun rays coming from the corner!!! So impressive and the way you bordered and showcased your flowers is so stellar!! Love seeing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - lovely floral image and your colouring is gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete