Thursday 10 April 2014

Distressing

Today sees a new challenge starting over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

This time we want to see some distressing please. So tear up some papers, bash up the edges, or sponge them with ink. Distressed patterned designer papers will work too.

Here's my card...


This image is Luna Bitterfrost Skulls Rock. I coloured her with promarkers, then fussy cut her out.
I haven't used any designer patterned papers at all for this card, I just used plain card stock in 4 different colours. The pale blue piece (yeah, you'd mistake it for off-white in the photo) was torn into the shapes I wanted, embossed with a paisley folder, then lightly sponged with lilac ink. I punched out 2 holes on each piece with the 3/16" side of my cropadile (the bigger punch), then glued the pieces to the mid-purple coloured card stock. Then I swapped sides on the cropadile and punched through the holes again with the 1/8" hole punch, so that it would leave a slight border. I threaded the organza ribbon through the holes, and then used foam pads to stick the whole lot to the card front.
'bff' was die cut using Die-namics, By The Letter dies.

The other Little Misses have been 'distressed' this week too, but in a good way of course, go see for yourself!
oooh and don't forget to visit our facebook group as well, there's oodles of inspiration over there too.

I'd like to enter Luna at:
Allsorts - NO flowers
MMCS challenge - anything goes
2 Cute Ink - anything goes
Catch The Bug - April anything goes

Thanks for stopping by today :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jojo. This is such a cool card. I love the purple theme, including the funky hair. And the lacing is such a fun detail. Fab card, fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and clever, Jo! Love the purple and the lacing! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation, lovely card, cool use of eyelets and embossing.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. Love the way you tied the whole thing together with ribbon, so neat. Gorgeous coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete