Monday 7 May 2012

Gotta love Gus

I finished this card last night, i'm trying to get the cards I need for the next couple of months all done before I take my crafting break. The card is for my boss, Don, who turns 50 this month. The staff have all chipped in for a pressie, and I offered to make the card for us all to sign...


Don is a keen golfer, and is up for a laugh, so 'Gus Golf' from Bugaboo is perfect, not only is it a funny golfing image, but as it is digital, it means it can be resized to make a larger topper for a card that approx. 20 members of staff will be signing.
I coloured Gus with promarkers and sponged the sky behind him with bashful blue SU ink. I printed Gus out twice so that I could layer him onto the base image for a bit of dimension.
The sentiment is computer generated and coloured with pm's too.
The '50' is a hand cut 5, layered onto kraft, and the 0 is a punched circle which has been prodded with a ball tool to try to get a golfball look, Hmmm, not sure that I like it now, so I may make another ball using an embossing folder for a better effect.

EDIT: I have changed the '0' ball, I used a tiny bubbles embossing folder on a piece of white card before punching out the circle. I'm much happier with it now :)



Challenges i'm entering this card into:
Here Come The Boys - hobbies
Cute Card Thursday - one for the boys

Hope he likes it!



4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant card, love your idea of the 50 with the ball, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!! Precious! Know he's going to get a kick out of this card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, I think Bugaboo images are just perfect for men's cards.. 'specially if they have a sense of humour! I love the ball :-) Thanks for joining in with the Hobbies challenge at Here Come The Boys, hope to see you again, Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, thank you for sharing it with us a Here Come The Boys! Good Luck Woo x

    ReplyDelete