Saturday 17 March 2012

Pencil icon missing?

You can't 'Quick Edit' anymore?
Has the little pencil icon gone from your blog?
Do you need to go to edit via your dashboard now?

It seems that Blogger has decided to change our blog addresses for us *roll eyes*

My blog WAS siggi-shop.blogspot.com but now it's siggi-shop.blogspot.co.uk

all my links seem to work and go back to my blog, BUT the url is redirected by blogger automatically so that the .co.uk address is in my address bar.
It has happened in other countries around the world too where there urls now end with their own country's redirect.

Dunno how long it will be before blogger bring all the icons back, but if you change the last bit of your new address url from .co.uk to .com/ncr  you will see the pencil return so you don't have to keep clicking to edit your post via the dashboard.

incidently ncr stands for no country redirect (i think)

5 comments:

  1. oh Jo...I did notice my pencil had disappeared but I didn't notice that the url address had changed. I'm not that bothered about where I edit from but will it mean anything leaving the .co.uk in the address??


    fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Fi :)
    I don't think it will be a problem keeping your .co.uk address as blogger is redirecting your .com address automatically, so any links back to your blog should still work fine.
    I think blogger are just doing this to differentiate between countries.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for that, I wondered where my quick edits had gone, but I didn't see the change in the blogger address. Thanks for the tip to get them back.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for that! Very useful!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed the address change, but read up on it and all was ok, but the pencil bit has been a headache for me posting DT cards etc, thank you so much for the tip on how to get my pencil back...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete