Saturday 15 January 2011

Even if you're photo phobic!!

If you are anything like me, you will hate to have your photo taken.
The challenge over at Sweet Stampin this week is to 'add a photo', the chosen theme by my teamie Alie.
First thought.... arrrrrgh!  I don't 'do' photos!
so I had to look elsewhere, I realised that I had bought a download from CraftsUprint a couple of months ago and hadn't yet made anything with it. The download was for 2 snow pictures.
So if you, like me, are 'photo phobic' ...don't panic! you can still play ;)
Take a piccy of scenery, or your dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, or anything else that you'd like to put on a card or scrapbook page and enter this weeks challenge.

Here's what I made (don't shout at me for making a crimbo card! i'm getting in early for xmas 2011) lol

the front


the back


I started by printing the snow pictures onto 220gsm cardstock.
I uesd acetate to make an A6 card blank.
The first image was matted onto pale blue paper and mounted onto the front of the card, I added the greeting (by Catslife Press) by stamping onto the same blue paper, then added 2 large felt snowflakes (by SU) and finished the front by using lots of crystal gems.
The other picture is inserted inside the card but 'back to front' so that the plain back of the picture can be used to write a greeting and the image itself can be seen from the back of the card as shown in the photo above.

Our sponsor this week is Tiddly Inks who are donating a $10 shopping spree to this weeks winner!

And remember we have a monthly sponsor too! This month it's Whimsy Stamps! but you need to take part in our weekly challenge to be in the draw to win.


Before I go, i'd like to enter this card into the challenge at Papertake Weekly, who have the theme 'cold and frosty morning'

Happy crafting, and have a lovely weekend :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jo hun this is gorgeous it really is I love the images they are lush. I dont blame you for getting an early start I plan on doing the same hun lol. Have a good weekend.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo this is great, I love your gem embellies, they add a real icy feeling to your card. I know what you mean about taking photos, I take so many pics just trying to get a good one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really pretty..I love snowy scenes and this is just fab...awesome snowflakes too!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Total fabulousness!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh gorgeous card! Fab snowy pics and I love your snowflakes and bling too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning - beautiful photographs, and a fab way of putting a card together that really sets off the photos.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely stunning! I love it, very cold and frosty! Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly! Good luck, hope too see you again soon

    hugs

    katrina

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faberoony, you know I love your accetate numbers and this is sooo creative. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh Jo, this is awesome!
    Love the two images, had only the winter been so wonderful as this ;)
    Love the clear card, as it brings the images forward :)
    Awesome!
    Hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete