Saturday 13 November 2010

Arrrrrgh!

Time for another Sweet Stampin challenge, and this week our theme is snowflakes.
OK, so you might be wondering why the "Arrrrrgh!"

this is why...




This card was a NIGHTMARE to make!
everything had to line up properly as there were 10 layers in total to match up

The house is an image from Tiddly Inks who happen to be our sponsor this week :) the image itself is 3 layers, I coloured it with pm's, cut it out, layered it, then glued it to the spotty circle then put foam pads around the edge before sticking the glittered piece on top.
The glittered piece is 2 pieces of acetate sandwiched together with silicone glue after putting glitter inside.
Then because of all the layers I needed to make the card layered too so that it was all flush. arrrrgh! I clearly didn't think this through lol
While trying to line everything up I messed up and fit the top square piece wonky, so had to slice the foam pads, twist it round slightly to line it back up then glue the foam pads back together!
That's when I realised that my craft knife had sliced the 2 pieces of acetate too! double arrrrgh!! I lifted up the card and had a lap full of glitter!
So I had to glue the whole lot again.
The idea for this card seemed great in my head, but in practice.... never again!

AND to top it all, my 'white' glitter and 'white' textured paint on the roof of the house looks beige!!!





Image - Tiddly Inks (coloured with promarkers)
Cardstock - Stampin Up (kraft)
Papers - Stampin Up (bella bleu)

Please stop by my fellow teamies to see their beautiful snowflake creations this week,
their links are over there >>>

tfl, enjoy your weekend, i'm working today and tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Hi hunni this is an absolutely amazing shaker card I love it it may of been a nightmare to make bit gosh it was worth it I think cus it looks fantastic. Hope you have a fab weekend sweetie.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nightmare it may have been... but it is still anmazing I just love all the layers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is amazing - so clever, and I absolutely love it!
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cyber Sis, it was SO WORTH IT! Hope work was ok. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your recent makes! Especially this one! You would think we would learn that fiddly creations can drive us mad but they look sooooo good when they are finished! Well done! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know you said you had a little nightmare with this card but the finished result is absolutely beautiful i love this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well worth the hassle I say as it lloks FAB!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card Jo. Not made a shaker card myself for years. Another to go on the list lol
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely worth all the effort, that image is one of my faves so I appreciate the inspiration. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I think it is amazing....so much detail. :)

    ReplyDelete