Saturday 13 March 2010

Sweet Stampin #17 - colour combo

Time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin, and this week we have a colour combo chart for you...



You don't have to use all 4 colours if you don't want to, but we would definately like to see 3 of them in your challenge entry please.
I'm greedy though and like to use all 4 if I can lol
I've made this card for my Daughter (who doesn't like cardmaking herself but likes the finished products if they are made for her!) to give to my Mom tomorrow - it's ok, my Mom won't see this post before she receives the card...


I really do like this colour combo together :)

I started with a barely banana card base then matted onto this a piece of blush blossom cardstock after distressing the edges first with the blade of my scissors.
I made my own background by stamping with sage shadow, barely banana & certainly celery ink onto whisper white cardstock, the SU stamp set I used is 'One of a Kind'
The image was given to me by Margreet (thank you hunni) and was coloured with SU inks to match.
I wanted to put a solid background behind the cute hanglar girl so I punched some barely banana cardstock with my SU eyelet border punch, and then added torn strips of blush blossom beneath the word Nan to help make the letters pop out a little more.
Those 'Nan' letters were hand drawn & coloured with the same ink colours too.
The sentiment is from the 'Yummy' stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by today, and to all the Moms who will be celebrating Mothers Day tomorrow I hope that you all have a wonderful day xx

3 comments:

  1. hi Jo, i absolutly love your card this week, so cute.
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyber Sis, I think this card is totally and utterly fabulous, darling! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Jo. I used all the colours on my card too...tee hee.
    Big Hugs
    Sandra x
    (Glad you liked my card xx)

    ReplyDelete