Saturday 1 August 2009

it is Sandra's DT week...

.... over at Sketch Saturday, and Sandra has created a wonderful sketch for us!



you decide if you want to add a sentiment, and where, or don't add one at all - it's upto you ;)

Sandra is also sponsoring her DT week, offering FIVE winners the choice of 3 single images each from her digi stamps site



Sandra Dry Digi Stamps have the most stunning designs, please go take a look at what is available by clicking HERE.


Here is my card...

I have used one of Sandra's new designs... Ruby, isn't she lovely?
although to get a better/cleaner look at this lovely image, please go to Sandras blog,
unfortunately my printer is in need of a thorough clean/service, and it is leaving ink streaks on all images that I try to print...very frustrating!!


Ruby is coloured in with ProMarkers (note the purple tights, because of those annoying ink lines)
The patterned paper is a scrap piece I had left, it is called 'family translation' , I think the collection name is 'Sonnets', not sure though to be honest.
I have used stampin up 'bordering blue' cardstock, which I have embossed with my paisley folder, and then sponged the edges with the same coloured ink.
The white piece was also embossed with my paisley folder.
The sentiment is a little sticker which co-ordinated perfectly.
The flowers were punched from the same patterned paper with my boho blossoms punch from stampin up, I used the largest and smallest flowers, used my embossing tool to make them more 3D and then layered them together, finishing with a pale aqua coloured pearl in the centre of each, the leaves were punched from pale lilac cardstock using my woodware 'ash leaf' punch.

Thanks for looking! please go visit the rest of the design team, their work is always stunning!

NEW GUEST DESIGNER!!
This week also starts our new MONTHLY guest designer slots, and for the whole month of August we will be joined by the very talented Mina - Welcome to our little family Mina! :)

Enjoy your weekend, Jo xx


4 comments:

  1. Sorry for the flying visit dear, just have to say this is a stunning card, love the colours layout and image
    Hugs Jacquix

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow stunning card...I love those soft colours just gorgeous
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Jo,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jo.... and what a wonderful surprise to receive it for my birthday!! Thank you so much. It looks even more stunning in real life. I was wondering how you got the 'ribbed ' effect on her tights ;o)
    Thanks again!
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete